Guide price £495,000
3 bed detached bungalow for sale in Birchill, Axminster, Devon EX13
3 bed detached bungalow for sale in Birchill, Axminster, Devon EX13, Guide price: £495,000. Freehold, Ideal smallholding or equine property, 3 bedroom dormer bungalow for improvement
Estate Agent Details:
Please reference “derelict-property.co.uk” when contacting the estate agent.
Estate Agent Name:
Symonds & Sampson - Axminster
Estate Agent Phone Number:
Estate Agent Address:
Trinity Square, Axminster
Birchill, Axminster, Devon EX13
South West England
Estate Agent Description
A detached 3 bedroom country bungalow set in pretty gardens in a tranquil location. A range of useful outbuildings with about 4.23
acres (1.71 ha) of gently sloping pastureland. For sale by public auction and via livestream on Thursday 8th June 2023 at 2:00pm at The Guildhall, West Street, Axminster, EX13 5NX.
An ideal small holding or equine property Sunnyside has not
come to the market in nearly 60 years. Nestled within
approximately 4.23 acres of gardens and pastureland, the
property provides excellent scope for modernisation,
extension or replacement (STPP). Period features such as bay
windows and generous proportions have been retained as
well as the attractive views over the surrounding countryside.
The property is set in a rural location on the fringes of the
hamlet of Birchill. The nearby village of Chardstock has a
village hall, village stores/post office and primary school. The
market town of Axminster about 4 miles away, offers a good
range of amenities and a mainline railway service to London
Waterloo. The Jurassic Coast World Heritage Site and the
nearby resort of Lyme Regis are a 20 minute drive away. The
larger centres of Taunton and Exeter (with its regional
airport) are within easy reach.
The largely level garden features a variety of mature shrubs, a
small pond and a greenhouse. The drive to the side of the
house leads to a yard providing parking and access to the
outbuildings, which include:
• Run of timber framed Sheds (22.96m x 5.41m
• Timber and block Shed (10.18m x 5.22m)
• Block built Stable (3.92m x 3.11m
• Three timber framed Sheds (9.76m x 4m), (9m x
6.27m) and (8.26m x 4.28m).
• L-shaped steel frame Covered Yard (14.24m x
11.17m) with lean-to Hay Store (9.90m x 5.92m).
The attractive gently sloping pastureland can be accessed
from the yard and has secondary access from the lane.
East Devon District Council
Honiton, EX14 1EJ. Tel: Council Tax Band: E
Mains Electric & Water. Private Drainage. Oil Rayburn for
heating water. Night storage heaters.
Primary schooling at Chardstock or All Saints. State secondary
schools at Axminster and the excellent Colyton Grammar
School. Independent Schools in the area Perrott Hill at
Crewkerne, Blundells at Tiverton and the Exeter or Taunton
Kitson & Trotman, Beaminster DT8 3AN
Ref: Jason Hodnett
Racing at Taunton or Exeter. Golf at Axe Cliff, Seaton or Lyme
Regis. Sailing on the coast at Seaton or Lyme Regis. Leisure
facilities at Axminster.
Auction Conditions of Sale and Notes
For full details please refer to the auction catalogue available online at
Legal and Information Pack
A full legal pack can be purchased online. Please telephone the office below to check availability.
We strongly recommend you instruct a solicitor to inspect the legal pack on your behalf.
* Guides are provided as an indication of each seller’s minimum expectation. They are not necessarily figures which a property will sell for and may change at any time prior to the auction. Each property will be offered subject to a Reserve (a figure below which the Auctioneer cannot sell the property during the auction). The reserve price is not disclosed and remains confidential between the seller and the auctioneer. Both the guide price and the reserve price can be subject to change up to and including the day of the auction. The ‘Reserve Price’ may exceed the ‘Guide Price’ listed. If so, it is customary for the ‘Reserve Price’ to exceed the guide price by no more than 10%.
• The successful purchaser will be required to pay the Auctioneers a Purchaser’s Administration Fee of £1200 (£1000 plus VAT) payable to Symonds & Sampson. For purchases of £50,000 or less the Administration fee will be £900 (£750 plus VAT). If two or more lots are offered together in the first instance, or lots are purchased under one contract, the administration fee will apply per lot and not per contract. The charge will apply to lots bought prior to and post auction.
• In the event of non-payment or underpayment a deduction will be made from the deposit received. A VAT receipt will be issued in the name of the buyer.
• Disbursements – Please see the legal pack for any disbursements listed that may become payable by the purchaser.