Guide price £500,000
Land for sale in Stratton, Bude, Cornwall EX23
Land for sale in Stratton, Bude, Cornwall EX23, Guide price: £500,000. Large development site for 4 detached dwellings, Stunning valley views back towards Stratton, Level access from the highway
Estate Agent Details:
Please reference “derelict-property.co.uk” when contacting the estate agent.
Estate Agent Name:
Kivells - Bude
Estate Agent Phone Number:
Estate Agent Address:
8 Belle Vue, Bude
Stratton, Bude, Cornwall EX23
South West England
Estate Agent Description
Large development site for 4 detached dwellings | Stunning valley views back towards Stratton | Level access from the highway | High demand location for end users | Suitable for upmarket development scheme | Walking distance to local facilities | 0.70 acres with further land available
Situated on the edge of the historic village of Stratton. Famed for its pretty cottages that surround St Andrews Church and steeped in history, Stratton also features numerous facilities. The village benefits from public houses, general stores / post office, Hospital and primary school. The village lies approximately 1.5 miles from the coastal resort of Bude which offers a comprehensive range of shopping, business and leisure facilities including swimming pool, all weather floodlit tennis courts and an 18 hole golf course.
On the outskirts of town is Morrisons Supermarket and the A39 ‘Atlantic Highway’ is about half a mile away which provides excellent access North to the larger towns of Bideford and Barnstaple and south further on down into Cornwall.
Large prime site for 4 detached dwellings suitable for upmarket development scheme over two thirds of an acre in size. Stunning valley views are afforded back towards Stratton and within easy walking distance to local facilities. Opportunity to create highly sought after executive style homes with proven demand for resale. Further land available by separate negotiation.
Outline Planning consent was granted on 27th July 2021 by Cornwall County Council under cover of application number PA21/02794. Residential development for 4 dwellings with all matters reserved other than access. The advisers who assisted the applicant are Peter Wonnacott Planning, Rodds Bridge Farm, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 0LS.
Community infrastructure levy
Please note that the proposed development will be liable for a charge under the Community Infrastructure Levy (cil) Regulations 2010 (as amended). The amount of the liability will be calculated when the related reserved matters application is determined. Further information about cil is available at .
Prospective purchasers must verify availability for any mains services required and the costs of connection of such services, for themselves.
Conditions of planning
The outline consent was subject to seven conditions, briefly summarised below. The full conditions can be seen on request.
1. Details of the appearance, landscaping, layout and scale (hereinafter called the reserved matters) shall be submitted to and approved in writing by the local planning authority.
2. An applicant for approval of reserved matters must be made no later than the expiration of 3 years from the decision date and the development hereby approved shall commence no later than 2 years from the final approval of the reserved matters or, in the case of approval on different dates, the final approval of the last such matter to be approved.
3. The reserved matters applicant(s) shall include a detailed ecological mitigated and enhancement strategy for the site including a timetable of works and future management, which accords with the ecological mitigation and enhancement measures and recommendations for birds, bats and dormice identified within Sections 8 of the submitted Ecological Impact Assessment.
4. Before the first occupation of any dwelling, works to the access, as shown on approved plan shall be laid out and constructed in full, the said areas shall not thereafter be obstructed or used for any other purpose.
5. Prior to the first occupation of any dwelling hereby approved, the existing 30mph speed limit shall be extended to a point north of the proposed site access in accordance with a detailed scheme that shall have the prior written approval of the Local Planning Authority.
6. Prior to the first occupation of any dwelling hereby permitted, full details for the surfacing and drainage of both the vehicular and pedestrian access shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority.
7. Prior to the first occupation of any dwelling hereby permitted, full details for suitable lighting for both the vehicular and pedestrian access shall be submitted to and approved by the Local Planning Authority.
The land plan displayed is for indicative purposes only and should not be relied upon as an accurate depiction of precise boundaries.
Proceed out of Bude along The Strand, turning left at the mini roundabout into Bencoolen Road. Follow this road up past the petrol station and continue out of town passing Bude Secondary School and Morrisons Supermarket. Join the A39 towards Stratton and after approximately half a mile take the right turning onto the A3072 signposted Stratton and Holsworthy. As you drive through Stratton you pass the Hospital on the right, follow the road around a sharp left-hand corner over the bridge, immediately past the Kings Arms take the left turn and then turn right at the Tree Inn. Head up the hill along Market Street, which turns into Maiden Street, as you leave the village passing Dicks Barn, the site will be located on the left hand side.
Kivells, their clients and any joint agents give notice that: 1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere, either on their own behalf or on behalf of their client or otherwise. They assume no responsibility for any statement that may be made in these particulars. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents and Kivells have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.<br /><br />